Sunday, January 15, 2006

HARRY POTTER HOPEFULS

Speaking of starry eyed young Britons, thousands of fame-hungry school girls flocked to the capital yesterday, hoping for the chance of a part in the new Harry Potter movie, "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix", for which no previous acting experience was necessary. They were all eager to audition for the role of Luna Lovegood, one of the teen wizard's school mates at Hogwarts. And who can blame them! The previous Harry Potter films have been phenomenally successful turning Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Emma Watson (Hermione) and Rupert Grint (Ron) into household names overnight.

JK Rowling is truly one of England's most successful writers. I'm currently working on a book myself and like many writers, if I manage to achieve a fraction of JK Rowling's success, I'll be more than happy. I'm a big Harry Potter fan myself, having seen all the films so far. I saw the latest one over the Christmas holidays and it didn't disappoint. The JK Rowling magic is still there! Like many people in England, I'm now eagerly awaiting the release of the next Potter saga!

No comments: