Monday, January 23, 2006

A TYPICAL SUNDAY IN ENGLAND

Well it's Monday again - the start of a new week in England! That soon came round - weekends are far too short!

I spent a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon at my local carvery pub enjoying a traditional English Sunday roast dinner with my family. N.B. To any foreign and overseas visitors - that's an Englsh pub that serves food - they have three roasts to choose from and chefs to carve the roast of your choice and you then help yourself (buffet style) to as many potatoes and vegetables that you like - not forgetting the Yorkshire puddings and stuffing balls that come as part of the package - highly recommended and delicious! I love foreign food but you can't beat a traditional English roast dinner especially on Sundays! I'm looking forward to my next one already! Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I have traveled to England several times, and on our first visit we discovered the Sunday roast by accident. We stopped at random at a pub outside Knaresborough and had the BEST meal. We still talk about that lunch!