Thursday, November 29, 2007

BRITONS LOVE LIFE ON THE OCEAN WAVE


It seems that despite the recent Antarctic cruise ship disaster, cruising is still more popular than ever with us Brits. In scenes reminiscent from the Titanic disaster, a cruise ship with some British and Irish passengers on board, hit an iceberg and sank in Antarctic waters last week. Fortunately all the passengers who were forced to flee the stricken vessel aboard life rafts were safely rescued.

However this has not deterred Britons' love of life on the ocean wave. Record numbers of Brits are now choosing to take holidays on the high seas aboard cruise ships. It is thought that many people have been lured by tempting deals offered by cruise holiday companies. In addition more and more people are becoming disillusioned with airport delays. Consequently the thought of boarding a ship somewhere like Southampton, avoiding long airport check-in queues and cruising off to warmer climates is very appealing.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

I've never been on a cruise. Maybe one day.

Alastair said...

I'm sure its being an island race that leaves its mark on us brits, there's something about ships that's got such a pull...

Naomi said...

I've never been on a cruise either Sheila but it looks like a wonderful experience.

I love sailing and being out on the water Alastair, although I've never been on a cruise. I think living on an island does encourage us Brits to get on board ship.

Marion said...

One of those things that are still on my list, Naomi! And, I agree, living on an Island certainly gives me the urge to travel on a cruise.

Naomi said...

It's on my list too Marion. Yes I almost forgot you live on an island over there in Canada too!