Thursday, October 05, 2006

BRITON’S “BINGOING” MAD


Briton’s are “bingoing” mad! Bingo has grown in popularity in recent years and Bingo Halls are no longer the haunt of pensioners, with the game now attracting a younger clientele as well. Even Prince William is getting in on the act. The heir to the throne was spotted at a local bingo hall near Sandhurst, the elite military academy where he is currently training. Apparently he played for an hour but failed to win any prizes.

I tried a bingo game myself a few years ago. I remember it as being very fast moving. My friend who I was with, couldn’t keep up at all with the numbers being called and gave it up as a bad job! I only managed it because I do shorthand and with that, the trick is to keep in mind the last words spoken. I remember finding it a bit stressful though! Maybe I’ll be lured back one day, if there’s the prospect of a large enough prize!

Photo:- Courtesy of Yahoo News

No comments: