Saturday, October 27, 2007

PRIDE OF ENGLAND SEARCH IS ON


The search is on to find the place in Britain that people are most proud of. As part of the government’s “Connect to your Council" Campaign, everyone is being encouraged to log onto their council website and cast their vote in an online poll. There are 10 beauty spots to choose from on each of the 104 council websites, which cover every area of the country. Apparently Silverstone (home of motor racing), Peterborough Cathedral, The Lake District and Wigan Pier are amongst the entries for the “Pride of Place” poll. My vote would definitely go to The Lake District, a beautiful part of England.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I remember you posted last year about the Lake District and I have to agree that it looks lovely. Are they still using that squirrel to promote Wordsworth? (If I remembered right)

Naomi said...

They certainly are Sheila. I hate that squirrel!