Saturday, September 01, 2007

THE ENGLISH LAKE DISTRICT

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

I spent a very enjoyable day in the Lake District over the Bank Holiday weekend. I took some photos and thought I would share them with you. My Mum and I travelled on the steam railway from Haverthwaite to Lakeside and then got the boat from Lakeside and sailed on Lake Windermere into Bowness. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing day. The scenery is always wonderful in the Lake District. Some of you may have seen the film "Miss Potter". Bowness on Windermere is home to the World of Beatrix Potter, a popular tourist attraction. The Steamboat Museum and St Martin's Church, built in the 15th century are also well worth a visit.

Bowness is a very picturesque and bustling town, popular with all ages. There is something here for everyone with activities ranging from walking and horse riding to sailing and water skiing. There are wonderful views from Bowness up into the mountains and across the lake. If you are planning a trip to England, Bowness is well worth a visit. To read more about this beautiful town, follow the link shown below. I've added some more interesting Lake District links too for your enjoyment. Happy surfing!

Bowness On Windermere

The Haverthwaite Steam Railway

Windermere Lake Cruises

The World of Beatrix Potter

Beatrix Potter's Lake District

Lake District Holiday Cottages

You can also see more photos in the Flickr album. You can find it underneath my profile and above the Blogburst logo in the left hand column of this blog. This is a new addition to the site. Hope you enjoy it. I’m hoping to add more photos in the future.

14 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

Naomi those are wonderful photos! I love the Lake District. fond memories

Naomi said...

Glad you enjoyed them Rick. I love the Lake District too.

Sharon Lynne said...

What a fun day with your mum! ("mom" as we say!). I clicked on the links regarding Beatrix Potter and enjoyed reading her biographical information.

I would love to visit this area, and maybe someday it will happen!

But reading your blog today...well it's the next best thing!

Thank you for your kind words regarding my post...

Naomi said...

That's nice Sharon. I'm glad you enjoyed looking at the photos and links. Take care.

Kilroy_60 said...

You've always done a great job, Naomi. The photographs are a wonderful addition.

Will look forward to see more of England through your eyes.

Cheers!

Naomi said...

Thanks Kllroy. Glad you enjoyed the photos. Hoping to post some more in the future.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures Naomi! I love the ones with the people in them, I feel like I am the one taking the pictures and that I am there to enjoy the day!! Just like Cousin CB a.k.a. Sharon Lynne, I would love to visit England one day!!!

Naomi said...

Glad you enjoyed the photos Janey. I hope you get a chance to come to England one day. You can come and visit me!

Unknown said...

I joined flickr just now...what a great idea for keeping favorite pictures accessible at the flick of a button!

Thanks Naomi! If you are ever in the United States you can come and visit us! Hopefully, I will be in Texas by then!!

Naomi said...

I think Flickr is a great idea too Janey. I got the idea from Sank's blog Old and In the Way. I hope all your dreams come true and you are able to move to Texas to be near your boys. Take care

Eldred Curwen said...

Try Lake District Holiday Cottages. A an exceptional provider of Lake District Holiday Cottages with a 5 star rating and pet friendly cottages it is simply one of the highest rated accommodation provider's in England.

Naomi said...

The Lake District makes a great all year round holiday destination Eldred. There is so much to see and do there.

Anonymous said...

Bowness is great but try and get further into the Lake District next time as you are missing something even better. Coniston, Ullswater, Wastwater must be seen.

JANE said...

Enjoyed your blog, just started my first blog on the lake district