Sunday, January 28, 2007

MAMMA MIA


As some of you know, I had the pleasure of going to see the musical Mamma Mia on Thursday night. The story centres around a girl on a Greek Island who is about to get married and invites three men to her wedding, in the hope of discovering which one of the three is her real dad! The story is told through the use of Abba songs. Abba were Sweden’s best export and had a string of chart hits with the likes of Mamma Mia, SOS and Dancing Queen. They are one of the most enduring pop groups of all time and are as popular today as they’ve always been. The show is really well done with superb performances by all the cast. It's a great feel-good musical show. Very enjoyable. The show is world famous and has toured all over the world. Go and see it if you get a chance. You won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

I always wondered how this show was. If I ever get the chance I think I'd like it since I like Abba.

Naomi said...

I've always wanted to see Mamma Mia so when it toured to my neck of the woods I grabbed the opportunity with both hands! It's a wonderful feel-good show. If you like Abba as I do Sheila you'll really enjoy it.