Tuesday, January 23, 2007

TECHNOLOGY IS A WONDERFUL THING UNTIL.....

Love it or loathe it, I have to admit that technology has made our lives a lot easier. Friends who live a long distance away e-mail me to stay in touch. Having the computer is a real bonus. Last time it was out of action, I was crawling the walls to get back on there! I was having withdrawal symptoms! Seriously though it does make life a lot easier sometimes, especially being able to order things over the net.

My microwave oven died on me last week and I can’t believe how much I’ve missed it! It wasn’t just a basic microwave, but the combination kind that grills and has a convection oven on there as well. It’s so handy when you don’t want to use the big normal oven for small basic meals when you come in from work. Everything was just so much quicker and easier when I had it. I especially like my porridge (or oatmeal as the Americans call it) done in there. It’s so quick and easy when I have to get to work. I tried it the conventional way, boiling it in a pan with milk. It just took too long and I don’t personally think it tasted as nice. So guess what I’m going shopping for at the weekend – a new microwave! I’m counting the days till I get it!

7 comments:

bulletholes said...

i went without a Mic for 10 years, but got one for Chritmas...the bid advantage, to me, is microwave Popcorn!!! (and no dirty porridge pot!)

Naomi said...

Thanks for stopping by Steve. I agree microwave popcorn is the best. No dirty porridge pan to wash is yet another advantage of using a microwave.

Stjernesol said...

I've never actually owned a microwave and I have never used it, so I don't miss it. But with everything we become used to, it's dreadful to be without it ;)

Kilroy_60 said...

You may have opened a Pandora's Box here. Technology Is A Wonderful Thing Until... could easily make up a blog all by itself!

This was a great post for the FREE FOR ALL carnival!

I hope you'll be posting at the next carnival. Wondering what we might do to get you to host one? 8-)

Heather in Beautiful BC said...

Hmmmm... I hope my microwave dies soon - sounds like I need a new improved 'do it all' one - but then, I hate spending money on appliances when there are still shoes on the shelves....

Stargazer (original profile) said...

I don't know if I could survive without a microwave. How can you eat left-overs without one?

:0)

Unknown said...

How about not having a cell phone. I went for about 6 months with out a cell phone and needed one more than I have since getting a new one!!!

Found this post by way of the FREE FOR ALL Gonzo Blog Carnival!!! Great post!!!