Tuesday, February 20, 2007

YORKSHIRE PUDDING - THE NATION'S FAVOURITE


Yorkshire pudding has been named the nation’s favourite regional food in Good Housekeeping magazine’s food awards, beating off stiff competition from the Cornish pastie and Melton Mowbray pork pie. A spokesman for the magazine described the Yorkshire pudding as a “regional food with a nationwide appeal and something people have grown up with. The perfect accompaniment to roast beef”. I certainly agree with that. I wouldn’t dream of eating roast beef without one!

Meanwhile chocolate was named the sexiest food and Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce the favourite store cupboard ingredient.

3 comments:

Cedar Waxwing said...

I love Yorkshire Pudding. We have it every Christmas with our roast beef. I got my recipe from a Yorkshire mum.

I remember having it for Sunday dinners while visiting a friend in Yorkshire. His Granny and Auntie Nell would cook up a roast and Yorkshire pudding. Then for dessert we had canned peaches with carnation evaporated milk. At least the Yorkshire pudding was good!

Marion said...

I can't imagine being without Worcestershire Sauce. I use it in everything...gravies, soups, eggs...you name it.

And Yorkshire pudding is a staple in my house, I'll serve them any time!

Naomi said...

Worcestershire sauce is definitely a store cupboard essential. Yorkshire puddings always add something special to so many meals. Thanks for stopping by Cedar and Marion.