Saturday, June 02, 2007

HARRY POTTER THEME PARK SET TO OPEN IN 2009


Harry Potter author JK Rowling has given the go-ahead for a theme park dedicated to the boy wizard. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter will give Harry Potter fans a unique chance to experience the environment of their favourite character. The park is expected to open at Universal’s Orlando resort in 2009 and will feature scenes from the best selling books, including a life-size Hogwarts school. In addition Potter fans will be able to walk around the fictional snowcapped village of Hogsmeade. JK Rowling announced this week that she had seen the plans for the new theme park and they looked, “incredibly exciting” and she didn’t think fans of the books and films would be disappointed.

2 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

Even though I'm nearly 40, the thought of going to this theme park was exciting to me. I can hardly wait to take my neice when it opens!

btw- thanks for stopping by Naomi, how did you know I reached #1 on blog village? I had no idea..

thanks for stopping by. I ready your blog all the time!
rick

Naomi said...

Hi Rick, Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to visit the new Harry Potter theme park too and I'm 41 next week! I think the new park will appeal to people of all ages.

I visited Blog Village (through my link) and just noticed you at No. 1 in the charts this morning.

I visit your blog quite often too. I enjoy reading about all the wonderful social events you've been to. You have a great life over in Palm Springs.