Sunday, June 03, 2007

SGT. PEPPER CELEBRATES 40TH ANNIVERSARY


Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band celebrated its 40th anniversary this week. The album, described as the most influential ever, was a break from the norm for the Beatles as they ditched their usual attire of suits and instead wore costumes and took on the roles of band members. It brought together a vast array of different musical styles, culminating in the 1967 “summer of love”. A special public event is taking place on June 19th at Leeds University to examine the social and cultural impact of the album and to question why it still continues to hold a fascination for new audiences today. It’s hard to believe that 40 years have gone by since the Fab Four recorded the groundbreaking album at Abbey Road studios in London. Time flies!

For more information on visiting Liverpool and the Beatles, click on the link below:-

Experience Liverpool and The Beatles

4 comments:

Marion said...

40 years ago!?!?...Ouch. Lol

Sank said...

You know, this is all over the internet, others' blogs etc. I know I'm supposed to like this album.. and I love the Beatles. No good for me. I like Abby Road much better, then the White Album, then REvolver, them Rubber Soul, ... too pop for me I guess.

Naomi said...

Yes time flies by Marion!

Naomi said...

I know the Sgt. Pepper album doesn't appeal to all tastes Sank. Some people like it and some hate it.