Saturday, April 14, 2007

ANSWERS TO SOME QUESTIONS



One of my cyberfriends and a fellow Blog Villager Janey Loree from
  • PJs Paper Doll Cut Outs
  • was asking me a few questions.

    What is a famous English butterfly? The most famous one that springs to mind is the Red Admiral. I remember learning about this particular type of butterfly at school. You can read more about it by clicking on the link shown below.

    The Butterfly Garden

    What is a traditional English musical instrument? I would have to say the piano. Steinway is one of the most famous and most sought after brands of pianos found in the U.K. Brass bands are very popular here in England too. If I had to name a traditional English brass instrument, I would probably go for the trombone.





    What is the colour of a traditional English rose? The rose is the national flower of England and the emblem most associated with this country. It is traditionally worn on St George’s Day. There are many varieties of rose around. The most famous ones are the red rose of Lancashire and the white rose of Yorkshire, which go back to medieval times when the War of the Roses was fought. The Tudor rose is a traditional heraldic emblem of England and takes its origins from Henry Tudor who brought the War of the Roses to an end and joined the red and white roses together.

    Well Janey I hope that’s answered all your questions and to anyone else reading this, I hope you found it interesting and it’s improved your knowledge of some things found in England.

    6 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Naomi this is perfect! Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I will be adding a link to this post when "Queenie" debuts over at PJ's Paper Doll Cut Outs!! I read in our butterfly book that the Red Admiral is not afraid of humans, so when it adopts a garden it will adopt the gardener as well! It will land on the gardener's shoulder each time he or she comes into the garden.

    I want a Red Admiral to adopt me!!!

    Naomi said...

    Glad to be of help Janey. I'm looking forward to meeting Queenie! Yes the Red Admiral is a very friendly butterfly. I want a Red Admiral to adopt me too!

    Kilroy_60 said...

    This was a great post. I always like logging in and seeing what you have to share next.

    I have posted a couple questionnaires; might you be willing to provide answers if tagged? 8-) They say when kids in France get tagged they simply surrender and stay "it".

    It's almost time for the next carnival. Will you be joining us again?

    Have you given any more thought to hosting?

    Have a great week, Naomi.

    Sheila said...

    Naomi, you are slowly broadening my education about all things British. Thanks

    Naomi said...

    You're welcome Sheila. Glad you enjoyed the post.

    Naomi said...

    Hi Kilroy

    Yes I will definitely be joining you for the next carnival. I'm also interested in hosting too and will e-mail you with some dates when I'm available to do this.

    Re. questionnaires - not sure what you mean but as the French children say "it". I surrender! Not sure how the tag works but I'm game. Sounds like fun! Haven't played tag since schooldays!

    Have a great week!