Wednesday, May 02, 2007

INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLAYING THE TAG GAME

Some of the people I tagged have e-mailed me to ask how they go about creating a Jackson Pollock picture and posting this to their blog. I must admit when I did this I had an advantage as I have Paintshop installed on my p.c. However there is an easier way to do this. As many of you know I'm not a very technical person but have got some help and advice on this from my fellow Blog Villagers Tony
  • The Lives and Times
  • and Roy
  • For Your Success

  • So here goes, let the fun begin!

    First of all you need to go onto the Jackson Pollock website and create your masterpiece!

    Next hit the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard.

    Then open the Microsoft Paint programme (this is a pretty standard tool that comes with Windows) by going to Start, Programs, Accessories, Paint.

    Then in the Paint programe, do Edit, Paste

    Left click on the rectangular box, you will see the word SELECT appear and a cross on your cursor.

    Using your cursor, draw an outline around your painting (this is to cut off the explorer address bar and neaten up the drawing.

    Once this is done, hit File, New, answer No to Save Changes question.

    In the new window, hit Edit, Paste and as if by magic, your masterpiece will appear!

    You then need to do File, Save As, give your design a name, and click on the little arrow next to the "Save as Type" box and save in JPEG format.

    Your Jackson Pollock masterpiece is now ready to be posted and proudly displayed on your blog.

    Hope you find these instructions helpful. I tried them out myself and they do work. I learnt something with this as well and had some fun at the same time. Many thanks to Tony and Roy for their help.

    No comments: